303 North Church Street
Murfreesboro, TN 37130
Phone: (615) 217-7124
Fax: (615) 217-7127
Probation and Recovery Services
NOTICE: Effective immediately please call 615-849-5720 for Probation Services
Trey King - Probation and Recovery Services Director
309 West Main Street
Murfreesboro TN, 37130
The Rutherford County Probation and Recovery Services is committed to promoting and maintaining a safe community for the citizens of Rutherford County, Tennessee. The mission of the Department of Probation and Recovery Services is to protect the community by changing offender behavior, restoring losses to victims, and stressing offender accountability through effective treatment and case management practices.
What We Do
The Rutherford County Probation and Recovery Services acts as the "eyes and ears" of the Courts to supervise defendants convicted of or entering conditional guilty pleas to state and local crimes.
- Gather and verify information about persons who are sentenced to a term of probation by the Courts.
- Enforce the Court's orders by ensuring probationers comply with the condition the Court has set for their release to the community.
- Protect the community through effective supervision methods that reduce the probability that probationers will commit new criminal offenses.
- Prepare reports the Courts rely on to make modification and revocation decisions. In compiling reports, Case Managers use such varied techniques as:
-Praises and/or reprimands
- Restricted movements and activities
- Requests for modifying the conditions of probation
- Seeking revocation of probationers who pose flight risks to public safety and/or have demonstrated a pattern of unwillingness to comply
- Direct probationers to specialized services to address underlying problems that may be linked to the demonstrated criminal behavior. These services include:
- Behavioral intervention programs
- Substance abuse treatment
- Mental health treatment
- Medical care
- Vocational training
- Housing assistance
- Employment assistance